UK Paintball Sports Federation
Annual General Meeting 2017
Notice is hereby given in accordance with the constitution of the above Federation that its Annual General Meeting will be held at 10am on Wednesday March 15, 2017 at the Mercure Hotel, Penkridge.
All members in good standing (that is, with valid current memberships) shall be entitled to attend the AGM and to vote on such matters as are to be determined by a vote of the membership.
Notice is also hereby given of a CALL FOR NOMINATIONS for the posts to be subject to election at the AGM.
The officer posts are:
• Chair (incumbent: Bob Schofield)
• Treasurer (incumbent: Jock McCracken)
• Secretary (incumbent: Kayleigh Stanton)
The sub-committee posts, representing various aspects of paintball, are:
• Player: (Incumbents: Eric Bell, James Gregory).
• Sites: (Incumbents: Don Logan, Ainsley Baddely)
• Trade: (Incumbents: Anthony Leadbetter, Fraser Colley, Tim Taylor)
The Council co-opted Laurence Coester on to the Council in 2016 and would welcome his continued membership either through continued co-option or nomination to any vacant or contested post.
Any member in good standing may be nominated for any of the above posts subject to:
1) the nominated member being willing to stand;
2) the nominated member being proposed and seconded by members in good standing;
3) the post for which the nominated member is to be considered being stated;
4) the nominated member providing a statement* in support of their nomination;
5) the Chair receiving the nomination by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 am on Monday 6 March 2017.
A list of such valid nominations together with their proposer, seconder and statement in support, shall be published by Tuesday 2 March 2016 on the Federation’s web-site and Facebook page.
Incumbent council members will automatically be considered nominees, without requirement for a proposer and seconder. Where posts are uncontested incumbent members will continue in their roles without the requirement of a vote.
Members unable to attend the AGM may cast their votes electronically by emailing their preferences to email@example.com not later than 12 noon on Monday 13 March 2017.
*The purpose of the statement in support of a nomination is to assist those unable to attend the AGM and who are casting a vote by email.
Business & Resolutions at this Annual General Meeting of the UKPSF
The business to be conducted at the AGM to be held at 10am on Wednesday 15 March 2017 shall include:
1) Receive and approve/amend the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of 2016
2) Address by the President or Chair
3) Report on the general conditions and activities of the UKPSF in 2016/17.
4) Presentation and adoption of Audited Accounts
a) to endorse the actions of the Council during 2016/17
5) Election of members of the Council of the UKPSF & honorary members (if any)
6) Appointment of the Auditor for the ensuing year
7) Any other resolutions of the Council, such resolutions to be included in the notice of nominees for council posts.
8) Any resolutions sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 Noon on Monday March 6, 2017 that are proposed and seconded by members in good-standing, as provided in the constitution.
No business shall be conducted in the AGM other than that described above.
An open forum discussion will be held after the AGM. The purpose of the open forum is to give all members an opportunity to raise such matters as are of interest/concern to them and thereby inform the work of the Council during 2017/18.
There will also be a private dinner the evening before the AGM at the same venue. Anyone wishing to stay overnight will need to contact the Mercure directly to book their room. Speak to Melissa on 01785 712459 or email her at email@example.com
Leave a Comment